Your relationship with your mechanic is a vital one, and having a trustworthy mechanic in Toronto is important for all vehicle owners. Your mechanic keeps you and your passengers safe, while also protecting the investment you’ve made into your vehicle. When getting your car serviced you rely on your technician blindly, but it’s easier than you think to find a car mechanic in Toronto you can fully trust. Here’s how:
1. They treat you with respect – A good mechanic should be polite, professional and helpful. You should feel like a respected customer whose time is valued.
2. Proof of qualification– Your mechanic should have a qualifications and certificates hanging up in a visible area to provide transparency of licenced mechanics.
3. Only the necessary work is done and you aren’t overcharged – Don’t be scared to get a second opinion if you feel like your mechanic is taking advantage of you. Also, ask for a breakdown of costs and labour.
4. They don’t use scare tactics – You should never feel threatened or scared that work needs to be done immediately. Watch out for lines like, “I wouldn’t drive this for another minute.”
5. They use laymen terms – A good mechanic will never try and confuse you by using terminology and explanations that the average person isn’t familiar with. Instead, a good mechanic should ask you follow up questions about your vehicle, take the time to explain your vehicle’s needs, how they diagnosed an issue, and what they need to do to fix it.
6. A clean shop – We’re not talking eat off the floor clean but your mechanic’s shop should be tidy, organized and uncluttered.
While the average mechanic can perform general fixes and labour, a qualified mechanic has many specialities or areas they focus their work on. At Xtreme Tire Garage, we specialize in the following car repair services:
At Xtreme Tire Garage, we don’t only perform an extensive list of car repair and maintenance but also carry a wide selection of tires and rims onsite. If we don’t have what you’re looking for our dedicated staff will put in a special order or any custom request.
Call us at (905) 274-8000 today!