$18. to $20./hour plus incentives, depending on experience.
At Xtreme Tire Garage, our team members are the driving force behind our success. Each one is committed to delivering a first-class experience for our guests at each and every visit.
As a Tire Technician, you will be an integral part of delivering “service, value, performance…to the xtreme” to our customers, and will be responsible for repairing, changing and balancing tires (cars and LDF).
Tire Technician Responsibilities & Duties
Using appropriate tools and state-of-the-art tire machinery:
- Change tires, make repairs
- Able to select proper tire sizes, verify correct tire
- Tire maintenance; checking wear/tear, tire pressure, cleaning tires/wheels
- Reset TPMS according to procedures
- Mount/dismount tires without damage to wheels
- Balance, rotate
- Ensure efficient, accurate, thorough communication to sales advisors
- Assist the service team with service recommendations, alternatives and technical explanations
- Perform oil changes on a wide variety of passenger and light truck vehicles
- Assist with minor vehicle part replacements (air filters, light bulbs, etc.)
- Assist with customers’ stored wheels and tires (pre-wash wheels before storage)
- Unloading and loading tire deliveries
- Tire change overs at off-site location
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area, including tire cart
- Able to complete written reports with accurate detail
- Support a safe and environmentally responsible workplace
- Punctual, reliable, hard-working
Tire Technician Qualifications & Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years’ tire or garage related experience AND a willingness to learn
- TIA (Tire Industry Association) course completions are an asset
- Able to work in a fast-paced, busy environment
- Ability to lift 50-75 lbs
- Strong customer service focus, team player, “get it done” attitude
- Maintain the Xtreme Tire Garage Code of Conduct, ethics and support a safe and environmentally-responsible workplace
We are proud to offer a competitive salary, benefits package, comprehensive, ongoing training, and the opportunity to grow and build a long-term career with us.