Save Money with Regular Vehicle Maintenance
August 20, 2020
Proper upkeep and maintenance of virtually any item will help extend its lifespan. This is especially true with your vehicle. Regular check ups, oil changes and preventative maintenance can help keep your vehicle on the road longer. Avoiding future repairs or the need to purchase a new vehicle will save you a lot of money!
The value of regular and preventative maintenance
Keeping on top of all regular and preventative maintenance can help to keep more money in your pocket:
- Avoid large scale repairs – Taking care of minor problems before they become major is an easy way to save money on large repair bills. Major repairs, such as engine replacement, suspension system replacement or a complete brake job can be costly.
- Improved fuel efficiency – Driving your car when everything is running smoothly will save you money on fuel.
- Helps keep you on the move – If your vehicle starts to display issues due to a lack of regular and preventative maintenance, you may have to take time off work to take it in for repairs or pay for a rental vehicle so you can still get around while your vehicle is in the shop.
- Reliability – Ensuring your car is road ready enables you to feel comfortable taking it on business or road trips. This can save you having to spend money on rental vehicles.
- Keep what you have – Vehicles are large purchase items that need to be taken care of. Keep your car on the road longer will ensure it lasts and save you from having to purchase a replacement.
Good practices for regular and preventative maintenance
Xtreme Tire Garage’s services are designed to take care of your vehicle and save you money by avoiding unnecessary wear and tear.
Regular check ups
No matter the year, make or model of your vehicle, you should be taking it in for a routine check up at least once every 12 months. This is the best way to have your entire vehicle looked over to make sure there are no problems that require immediate repair, and can help to avoid a larger repair bill in the future.
Oil is the lifeblood of your car, and it needs to be changed regularly to avoid any major issues. Although guidelines can differ based on a number of factors, most experts believe you should have your oil changed every three months or 5,000 kms. You should look in your vehicle’s manual for the exact specifications regarding oil changes. Not getting regular oil changes can lead to serious engine repairs, which can be incredibly expensive.
Not only are tires vital to keeping us safe on the roads and while driving during treacherous weather, they can also blow and lead to accidents that can cause serious injuries and rack up a hefty repair bill. Have your tires and rims check on a regular basis to make sure that they are balanced, in great working order, free of punctures and objects, and that the tread is in good shape. Good tires that have also been properly aligned can help save money on fuel as well.
The On-Board Diagnostics System (OBD) can tell mechanics about a serious engine issue before it arises. Make sure to have your engine diagnostics checked on a regular basis to stay ahead of costly repairs.
With all the stresses in the world, don’t let your car be one of them. Have your vehicle checked regularly and have preventative maintenance performed by the dedicated and expert team at Xtreme Tire Garage. Book an appointment today!
WANT TO LEARN MORE? GIVE US A CALL!
Our Xtreme team will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have and assist you with anything you need.